Pages

Friday 27 February 2015

Escape Room UK

Friday 27 February 2015

This past Monday, I joined LedigoPR for a sneak peek at Escape Room Manchester...

Escape Room is a locked room concept game with rooms all over the world. A couple of days ago, I was invited along with a plus one to try out some of the Manchester venue's rooms - how exciting!

Upon arrival, we were greeted with sparkling glasses of prosecco, cupcakes and sweet treats. We made ourselves comfortable and were soon joined by a few lovely bloggers whom I got to know while we waited for our turn at the rooms. 

The concept of the game is really simple in theory, but can vary in difficulty in practice, depending on the type of room you enter. Basically, you and a group of friends are locked into one of the five available rooms and need to crack the puzzle to find a code that will enable you to escape. All experiences have a 60 minute time limit, which you can track with clocks with flashing red numbers. 

Sounds easy, right? That's what I thought too, until three other bloggers, my plus one and I tried out 'Room 13', which is based on Stephen King's The Shining. We were super confident going in, but were reduced to a frustrated mess after spending 15 minutes inside with no progress. 

Luckily, Chris, one of the attendants at Escape Room, helped us out (far too many times, to be honest), and he was really so lovely and funny that he made our experience totally unforgettable. Do me a favour and follow him on his Twitter - we promised him 200 followers collectively in exchange for all the hints he gave us!

I didn't take many pictures of the rooms we tried out, but I think it's for the best as I wouldn't want to give away too much! Instead, I highly recommend you experience Escape Room for yourself. I admit it was super scary at times, with sudden blackouts, cool use of UV lights and iPhone torches, and a lot of brainwork, but the adrenaline rush and triumph I experienced with every solved clue was worth it!

I'd also like to thank Ledigo PR for the invitation, the staff were so lovely and welcoming while we were waiting for our turn. In fact, treat yourselves to some of their awesome hospitality by quoting 'LEDIGO25' to get a cool 25% off Escape Room prices when you book!

What do you think of these concept games? Too scary, or loads of fun?


1 comment:

  1. This looks so much fun!! And the cupcakes are so cute :)

    Sara xxx || www.whatsasssays.com

    ReplyDelete

fashion, eats and treats © 2014